The study found a 3.3 per cent annual decline in mortality rates of infants less than one month old and 5.4 per cent for those in the age-group from one month to 59 months.
Sep 22, 2017
More than 60% of deaths in India are due to non-communicable diseases, according to a new study.
Sep 21, 2017
Injury to a blood vessel, also known as 'dissection' in medical terms, may lead to blood supply getting blocked or reduced, causing a devastating paralytic attack or brain attack.
Sep 19, 2017
New research shows sperm concentration had fallen by 52% in Western countries between 1973 and 2011. In the 1970s, the average Western man had a sperm concentration of 99 million/milliliter. That number changed by 2011 when the sperm count had fallen to 47.1 million/milliliter. Sperm concentrations under 40 million per milliliter are considered below normal and can impair fertility.
Sep 14, 2017
- Fuel theft causes pipeline explosion in Mexico; 20 killed, 60 injured
- J&K: Security concerns grow as militants carry out grenade attack near Lal Chowk
- Sensex weekly gain at 378 pts; Reliance up 4.5% on day, Sun Pharma down 9%
- Casteism forces 17-year-old boy to carry his mother's body on cycle for 5kms in Odisha [VIDEO]
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Aliens waiting for humans in interstellar space? Harvard researcher claims so
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Existence of alien life is something we can never cover up, says NASA official
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists