Cameras aboard the International Space Station captured new views of Hurricane Harvey as the storm rapidly intensified on Thursday afternoon, August 24.Harvey is expected to make landfall on the Texas coast on Friday, 25 August, or Saturday morning, 26 August.
Aug 25, 2017
An explosion killed at least 10 people and injured about dozens others in the metro of Saint Petersburg, Russia, on Monday, according to Russian news agencies. Since Vladimir Putin came to power in 1999, Russians have heard about hundreds of terrorist attacks—bombed apartments, cars, buildings, trains, and airplanes. Putin has taken advantage of these so frequently to consolidate his power that people often tend, with no proof, to believe conspiracy theories suggesting the involvement of Russia’s special services or various powerful clans behind the attacks.
Apr 5, 2017
A video, filmed minutes after a blast at St Petersburg metro station in Russia, shows people escaping the train carriage, with some lying injured on the platform. At least 11 people were killed and 45 others injured after an explosion rocked the subway on 3 April. An anti-terror investigation has been launched but other possible causes are also being investigated. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has described the explosion as a terrorist attack.
Apr 4, 2017
- Zomato and Swiggy burning a hole in your pocket? Here's the truth
- Hyderabad man makes petrol from plastic and sells it cheap
- Gross NPAs to come down to 8% by end of FY20: CRISIL report
- RBI deputy governor Viral Acharya resigns; 'Poor man's Rajan' to return to US
- New India Assurance: Why is Modi govt de-merging 3 PSU insurers?