Total, whose footprints are writ large in the oil exploration history of the Middle East, was the first western firm to invest in Iran, following the lifting of US sanctions in 2015.
22 days ago
India overtakes Brazil as biggest producer of sugar but disenchantment over falling prices fuels anger among farmers and causes headache for the government.
24 days ago
New Iran sanctions will take 2 million bpd off the markets even as US inventory gets thinner. Fuelled further by supply disruptions elsewhere, global crude prices could breach $100, analysts warn.
Sep 24, 2018
No one knows for sure if China has 20,000 tons of gold in reserves. But if indeed it has that deep a gold reserve, Beijing can take on the US dollar by using gold for international trade.
Sep 5, 2018
- Offline retailers threaten to stop stocking goods that offer massive online discounts
- Centre sour as sugar exporters miss target by wide margin
- Airbnb looks to expand across country with rural India on radar
- Modi govt mulls extra cess on petrol and diesel vehicles in a green push
- RBI board seeks more discussion on governance under new boss