Samsungs mass recall of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones worldwide over faulty batteries may cut the Korean companys 2016 second-half operating profit by about 820bn won ($738m, Â£554m) as per an analyst report. Another report says the total cost borne the company could well amount to $1bn. The company announced a global recall of the recently launched Note 7 smartphone last week after receiving close to 35 official complaints of malfunctioning most of which were related to batteries that caught fire while being charged.
Sep 8, 2016
Khat Sabha fiasco: Rahul Gandhi takes a swipe at BJP, compares cot-stealing villagers to Vijay Mallya
- With 1,300 jobs on offer, India remains Amazon's jobs hot spot
- Etihad Airways to invest in debt-laden Jet Airways at discounted Rs 150 per share
- Sensex weekly gain at 378 pts; Reliance up 4.5% on day, Sun Pharma down 9%
- Sun Pharma shares tank 12% as whistleblower sends fresh complaint to Sebi
- Goyal family, Etihad at odds over Jet rescue plan