Samsungs mass recall of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones worldwide over faulty batteries may cut the Korean companys 2016 second-half operating profit by about 820bn won ($738m, Â£554m) as per an analyst report. Another report says the total cost borne the company could well amount to $1bn. The company announced a global recall of the recently launched Note 7 smartphone last week after receiving close to 35 official complaints of malfunctioning most of which were related to batteries that caught fire while being charged.
Sep 8, 2016
- With 1,300 jobs on offer, India remains Amazon's jobs hot spot
- Etihad Airways to invest in debt-laden Jet Airways at discounted Rs 150 per share
- Yes Bank shares rise 5% on reports that Deutsche Bank India head leads CEO race
- SBI-led consortium eyes debt-equity deal as Jet Airways rescue talks enter final stage
- Cheer for Vodafone Idea employees; salaries to be raised first time after 2017