Born in a traditional Tamil speaking family in Chennai, Nooyi joined PepsiCo in 1994 and was chosen as Chief Financial officer in 2001. Impressed by her performance, the company made her the CEO in 2006.
Aug 7, 2018
How an Indian woman took a multinational company to new heights: Here is Indra Nooyi's success story
Jet Airways refutes reports of pay cuts and stake sale, calls them 'factually incorrect' and 'malicious'
The launch of Jet Airways in 1993 marked the opening up of the rusty Indian economy. It's a paradox that, decades later, the iconic carrier is facing trouble in an era defined by the 100 percent FDI in aviation sector.
Aug 3, 2018
- These IT firms are banned from applying for US H-1B visas: Report
- Vodafone issues ultimatum to Indian govt: UK media
- Moody's negative outlook rating: Govt says 'India's standing unaffected'
- Billionaire Jeff Bezos now plans to own an NFL team
- Vodafone writes off book value of Indian operation, CEO flags liquidation risk