Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan has said that he would try to ensure complete transparency, in the case of organ donations after the National Organ & Tissue Transplantation Organization (NOTTO) starts its operations.Sep 2, 2014
Rice flour - 1 cup
A pinch of Salt
Hot Water - 1 cup
A little Water
Jaggery - 1 cup
Grated fresh Coconut - 1 cup
A few Cardamom pods
1. To make the dough, add salt to rice flour and knead a dough with hot water.
2. For the filling: take a little water in a pot, and add jaggery to it and let it melt. After it melts, strain the jaggery syrup to remove impurities.
3. Add the coconut to the strained jaggery syrup. Pound some fresh cardamom and add it.
4. Cook it till all the moisture evaporates and it reaches a thick consistency. Let is cool.
5. Take a little dough and make a round ball by rolling it. Grease your palm, either with ghee or oil.
Flatten the dough, place some filling in the center and close it from all sides sealing it. It should look like a dumpling.
6. Make a bunch of these, place it in the steamer and steam the modak for about 10-15 minutes.
Remove from steamer and serve.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.comAug 28, 2014