Astronomers at University of Surrey found evidence of black holes in the globular cluster NGC 6101. Using computer simulation they showed that the clusters strange appearance can be explained if stellar mass black holes are still present in the cluster. Until now it was assumed that black holes in globular clusters usually are ejected after their creation.
Sep 8, 2016
Science & Health
The Terzan 5 cluster could shed light on how the Milky Way was formed after an Italian-led team of astronomers found it contained two very different types of stars; some very young and some very old. The 7 billion year age gap between the two different types of stars suggests that star formation in Terzan 5 was not continuous but happened in two very distinct bursts.
Sep 7, 2016
â€œSlow danceâ€ is a picture frame that makes real objects appear to move in slow motion. By taking advantage of the limits of human visual perception, this optical illusion sculpture appears to be make objects move in slow motion. Created by Jeff Lieberman, a designer and engineer, the frame is available on Kickstarter.
Sep 4, 2016
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]
- Watch: Deep-sea anglerfish caught mating in first ever video
- Dravidian language family is about 4,500 years old, finds new study
- 2 billion-year old salt reveals how ancient Earth evolved life-sustaining oxygen
- Sea level warning: France-sized Antarctic glacier found moving into ocean fast