Science & Health
This video looks into Phytoplankton, the most abundant type of organism that lives in the ocean, from satellite imagery.
Sep 9, 2016
Astronomers at University of Surrey found evidence of black holes in the globular cluster NGC 6101. Using computer simulation they showed that the clusters strange appearance can be explained if stellar mass black holes are still present in the cluster. Until now it was assumed that black holes in globular clusters usually are ejected after their creation.
Sep 8, 2016
The Terzan 5 cluster could shed light on how the Milky Way was formed after an Italian-led team of astronomers found it contained two very different types of stars; some very young and some very old. The 7 billion year age gap between the two different types of stars suggests that star formation in Terzan 5 was not continuous but happened in two very distinct bursts.
Sep 7, 2016
- Former U.S. Navy Seal who killed Osama bin Laden talks career philosophy on book tour
- What is Cambridge Analytica? Election data firm used by Trump harvested data on 50 million Facebook users
- Who is Yi Gang? US-trained economist appointed as head of Chinas central bank
- CCTV footage appears to show ballot stuffing during Russian election
- Volcanic thunder recorded for the first time ever and it sounds epic
- Man with fused jaw couldn't eat solid food for 38 years
- Watch: Gorilla walks like a human to keep hands clean
- NASA's Dawn mission finds Ceres geologically active, more than previously thought
- NASA releases new image of Crab Nebula by Chandra, Spitzer and Hubble