On 29 September India evacuated thousands of people within six miles of the de facto border with Pakistan as a precautionary measure after surgical strikes. The strikes were the first direct military response to an attack on an army base, and raised the possibility of military escalation between the neighbours that could wreck the 2003 Kashmir ceasefire. Kashmir has been divided between India and Pakistan since 1947. India said on 28 September it would boycott a regional summit hosted by Pakistan in November.
Sep 30, 2016
Shimon Peres funeral: Barack Obama, Prince Charles, Angela Merkel and others pay respect to late Israeli leader
Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte has compared himself to Hitler, claiming he would be happy to slaughter thee million drug addicts to save the next generation from perdition. In his three-month reign, more than 3,000 people have been killed and critics have been pointing out his disregard for human rights. Duterte says the US and EU have no right to criticise him as they shut out refugees and allow them to rot.
Sep 30, 2016
Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte compares himself to Hitler and says he will slaughter three million drug addicts
- Watch: Indian man climbs into lion enclosure because he wanted 'to have a chat' with the animal
- 'I will not shut up:' Nikki Haley lashes out at Palestinian negotiator, US adamant on moving embassy to Jerusalem
- Haunted out: Lalu's son says Bihar CM Nitish 'released' ghosts in his house
- Pakistan Army helicopter reportedly spotted near LoC in Jammu and Kashmir
- China's 'cash and carry' diplomacy in Balochistan: The good, bad and the uncertain