New Delhi, 19 Nov (ANI): If you can't resist a burger, you are probably in a trouble as a new study has shown that too much of junk food can destroy your memory, especially of young to middle-aged men. Trans fats which are found in foods like high-fat cakes, pastries, chips and fast foods can lead to memory loss. Such foods have different effects on oxidative stress and cell energy and trans fats which have been prooxidant and linked adversely to cell energy might show the opposite effect. Oxidative stress has also been associated with the development of diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Nov 19, 2014
How safe are you? Antibacterial Chemical in Soaps, Toothpastes, Cosmetics can Damage Liver, Cause Cancer
Tomato Idiyappam/ Sevai
String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai - 1 pack
Onion - 2 medium chopped
Tomato - 3 medium chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Sambar powder/ Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
A few Curry leaves
1. Cook the String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai according to the package direction. Here we cooked it in hot water for 5 minutes and strained it.
2. Take a wide pan for a good mixing, add oil and temper ingredients urad dal, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds starts splattering add onions, asafoetida powder and a few curry leaves.
3. Once onion turns golden brown color add tomato, salt, turmeric powder and sambar powder/ red chilli powder. Mix well and cook until mushy.
4. Tomatoes are nicely mashed up now slowly add cooked String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai and start mixing it.
5. Final touch is add spoon full of ghee and mix it.
Like us on FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/HomeCookingShow
Follow us on TWITTER - https://twitter.com/VentunoCooking
Subscribe to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/VentunoHomeCooking
A Ventuno Production : http://www.ventunotech.com
Nov 18, 2014
New Delhi, Nov 18 (ANI): With holiday season round the corner, it is easy to delve into foods which are high in cholesterol, increases the risk of high blood pressure and have poor circulation which are 3 major factors that affect overall heart health. However, there are few ways boost your heart's health this festive as simply by adding certain nutrients and foods to the diet may decrease risk for heart disease. Few of these nutrients include Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Blueberries, Oat Beta-Glucan, Grape Seed Extract, Vitamin K, low-fat milk products, Almonds and Walnuts. All these nutrients either helps lowering the blood pressure and effectively lowers the cholesterol level which eventually reduces the risk of heart disease.
Nov 18, 2014
New Delhi, Nov 18 (ANI): Studies have showed that exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun and indoor tanning damages the DNA in our skin cells and it also leads to premature skin aging in the form of wrinkles and sun spots.According to a study it is possible to have vibrant skin at any age, as long as you take proper care for your skin. It is suggested that one should use mild, unscented and gentle skin care products year-round and should avoid deodorant soaps, alcohol-based toners and products that contain fragrance which can leave aging skin feeling irritated and dry.One should also be gentle with acne-prone skin as overuse of anti-acne cleansers and products may irritate your skin. One should make sure that all skin care products and cosmetics are labeled non-acnegenic or oil-free. In addition, wash gently, as scrubbing can further irritate the skin.
Nov 18, 2014
Here is a compilation of two interval training workouts you can do at home.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/VentunoFitness
Twitter - https://twitter.com/VentunoFitness
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ventunofitness
A Ventuno Production http://www.ventunotech.com
Nov 18, 2014
- NASA's Dawn mission finds Ceres geologically active, more than previously thought
- Dravidian language family is about 4,500 years old, finds new study
- Mysterious new purple aurora named Steve by scientists
- Stephen Hawking's last paper to demonstrate test for existence of parallel universes
- Woman hasn't urinated naturally in two years due to a rare condition