The Chicago Cubs shed themselves of the Curse of the Billy Goat and ended a 108-year wait for a World Series title by beating the Cleveland Indians 8-7 in 10 innings on 2 November in a thrilling Game Seven classic. The curse was allegedly given in 1945 after Billy Goat Tavern owner William Sianis was asked to take his goat out of the stadium because its smell was bothering other fans. Outraged, Sianis allegedly declared: ‘Them Cubs, they aint gonna win no more.
Nov 3, 2016
World Series Game 7: Chicago Cubs end 108-year title drought to leave the Cleveland Indians heartbroken
Champions League results: Real Madrid avoid upset, Leicester move closer to last 16 as Dortmund qualify
- MS Dhoni - India's greatest finisher and a mystery even a movie could not unravel
- Gautam Gambhir disgusted by Ambati Rayudu snub; takes a dig at Virat Kohli and selectors
- Shikhar Dhawan mocks R Ashwin; responds to 'Mankad' warning with a bizarre dance [Video]
- Gautam Gambhir gets angry because of MS Dhoni - but why?
- Andre Russell - Robbie Uthappa is afraid to get out; slams KKR for not being flexible