Manchester United Transfer News: Louis van Gaal will Gladly Bring Back Ronaldo if Real Madrid Decide to sell
New Delhi, Sept 20 (ANI): Alessandro Del Piero's two-year Sydney FC stint helped raise A-League's profile and the former Juventus great is confident of making a similar impact as the face of the Indian Super League (ISL), which kicks off next month. After 19 trophy-laden years at Juventus and the Australia sojourn, Del Piero landed in New Delhi on September 18, making an unlikely stop on an illustrious career as a 'marquee' player of ISL's Delhi franchise as well as the league's brand ambassador. That he takes the new job seriously was evident as after a 24-hour flight from Los Angeles he headed straight to the ground where his Delhi team mates were practicing and was back to face the media on September 19 under a harsh sun near the parking lot at the Delhi University Stadium. Del Piero said it was his quest to experience soccer in different cultures that took him first to Australia and now to India.
Sep 20, 2014
Incheon, Sept 20 (ANI): The 17th Asian Games opened in a multi-coloured blaze of fireworks and carefully crafted dance routines on September 19, as athletes from the world's most populous region came together in pursuit of gold and glory in South Korea. An array of Olympians and regional sports stars will compete over 15 days of competition in Incheon where South Korean President Park Geun-hye and Olympic chief Thomas Bach were among the powerful figures watching a vivid opening ceremony. Athletes dressed in colourful national garb, sharp suits and comfortable tracksuits waved to a crowd of 60,000, who offered enthusiastic welcomes to delegations from 45 countries including the South's belligerent neighbour, North Korea.
Sep 20, 2014
2014 Asian Games Schedule: Full List of Events, Timings, Dates and Venues of Indian Contingent at Incheon
2014 Asian Games Results: India Begin with a Bang as Jitu Rai Wins Gold and Shweta Chaudhry Bags Bronze Medal
Japan's Kei Nishikori expresses shock over Chinese star Li Na's injury-forced retirement but adds that he hopes to become the new leader of tennis in Asia. Duration: 01:04
Sep 20, 2014
- Infamous Bellandur lake in Bengaluru spews 10-foot high toxic foam
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida for 'leaking sensitive information'
- PM Modi claims Sikkim's Pakyong airport is the 100th in India but is it so?
- Modicare: Over 1,000 patients avail benefits of world's largest healthcare scheme within 24 hours
- Virat Kohli: Anushka Sharma and I don't lead fairytale lives unlike what people think
- Best Fifa Football Awards 2018: Whom did Ronaldo, Messi and other captains vote for
- Asia Cup 2018: MS Dhoni happy with tie, says India have enjoyed Afghanistan's brand of cricket
- ISL 2018-19: Kerala Blasters team preview – Yellow Army seeks redemption banking on youngsters
- India vs Afghanistan cricket live stream: Asia Cup 2018 Super Four match TV guide & team news