Guwahati, Jan 04 (ANI): Boxer Sarita Devi, who has been banned for one year by the world governing body AIBA for her petulant behaviour at the Asian Games, exuded confidence and said she would win gold medal in 2016 Rio Olympics. While addressing a news conference in Assam, Devi said she would make her country proud in 2016 Olympics to be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. She added the controversy made her mentally strong. Furious after losing her semi-final to local favourite Park Ji-na in the women's lightweight division in Incheon in October last year, Sarita refused to accept her bronze medal, prompting AIBA to suspend her indefinitely.
Jan 4, 2015
Arsenal Injury Update: Latest Team News on Welbeck, Flamini, Ozil and Co. as Gunners Begin their FA Cup Title Defence
Manchester United Injury Update: Latest Team News on Di Maria, Young, Fellaini, Rojo and More as FA Cup is Here
Manchester United News: Van Gaal Feels FA Cup is Red Devils' Last Chance to Win Silverware this Season
Guwahati, Jan 03 (ANI): Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Saturday reacting over Badminton ace Saina Nehwal's disappointment at not getting Padma Bhushan said that Sports ministry cannot give any award to any player. He added that he is a well-wisher of every player and want that everyone should play for their country. He further said that Sports ministry will extend all possible support to make the players comfortable.
Jan 3, 2015
Bengaluru, Jan 03 (ANI): Olympic bronze-medalist Badminton ace Saina Nehwal on Saturday expressed disappointment after the Sports Ministry decided to reject her application for the prestigious Padma Bhushan award this year, citing norms. Nehwal said she felt bad that her name was not recommended to Ministry of Home Affairs for Padma Bhushan by Sports Ministry. She added that since she performed well last year, she felt that her case should also be considered.
Jan 3, 2015
Liverpool Transfer News: Reds Launch Official Bid for Bayern Munich Midfieder as Rodgers Hunts for Gerrard Replacement
- Man escapes death after coming under goods train at Andhra Pradesh's Anantapur station
- BREAKING: Nissan Chairman Carlos Ghosn arrested for under-reporting income
- Amritsar blast: Punjab CM Amarinder Singh suspects ISI hand behind grenade attack
- Sabarimala: 'Devotees not terrorists, why need 15,000 cops here,' asks KJ Alphons
- Australia vs India T20I series preview: Live stream, TV guide, venues and full schedule
- India vs Australia: It will be an interesting Test series but hosts will win 4-0: Glenn McGrath
- Who is Alexander Zverev? Meet the latest superstar who stunned Djokovic to win ATP Finals 2018
- Shahid Afridi clarifies his 'Pakistan doesn't want Kashmir' statement
- Wayne Rooney retirement: Record England goalscorer says this team might just bring it home