Each year, more than a million wildebeest migrate through Africas Serengeti Mara Ecosystem, and while crossing the Kenyan reach of the Mara River, thousands drown. On average, 6,200 wildebeest succumb each year during migration. It might seem tragic, but these drownings are essential to the ecology of the river, since they deliver terrestrial nitrogen, phosphorus, and carbon to the rivers food web. Fish and scavengers feast on soft tissues, while wildebeest bones release nutrients into the system,feeding algae and influencing the food web.
Jun 20, 2017
The family of Otto Warmbier announced on Monday (19 June) that the American student who was recently freed from detention in North Korea, died. The 22-year-old University of Virginia student had been in a coma since he returned from Pyongyang, where he was held for 17 months.US President Donald Trump denounced North Korea as a brutal regime following the death of Warmbier.Warmbier traveled to the reclusive state as a tourist in January 2016 and as he was leaving, he was arrested for allegedly stealing a political propaganda sign from a hotel in Pyongyang. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison with hard labour after a televised tearful public confession.
Jun 20, 2017
Trouble for Lalu and clan: I-T Dept attaches properties of wife Rabri, daughter Misa and son Tejaswi
- Reliance Jio offers 3GB data per day for Rs 149: Other prepaid offers for data hoggers
- Tupac Shakur and XXXTentacion were shot when they were in BMW? Twitter users draw similarities
- Chanda Kochhar exit: This is how ICICI Bank board edged out 'aggressive, defiant' CEO
- International Yoga Day 2018: Inspirational quotes and messages to share
- Glowing condom-like UFO appears in the skies of New Zealand; Spectators stunned
- Top five UFO sightings which could prove alien existence (VIDEO)
- Barack Obama's satanic image goes viral: Are Illuminati and Antichrist real?
- Tollywood sex racket: 2 top south actresses named in Chicago scandal involving Indian-origin couple
- Did Airtel offer advisor from religion of choice to customer? Telco issues clarification [Full text]