UKs iconic Big Ben is in need of urgent repair works, which could cost taxpayers at least Â£40m ($62m) and can take up to four months â€“ the longest known stoppage in its 156-year history. The last known longest shutdown was in 1976, when repair works carried out on the clock took 26 days over a nine-month period.
Oct 19, 2015
Maharashtra medical council to take action against Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital for doctors' fake degrees
An Eritrean migrant mistaken for as a Palestinian gunman in the midst of a shooting attack was shot by Israeli security forces and then beaten by passers-by, witnesses said, died of his injuries, the hospital said on 19 October.
Oct 19, 2015
Shiv Sena workers storm BCCI office, 'gherao' Shashank Manohar; Talks with Pakistan Cricket Board chief Shahryar Khan rescheduled
- China's 'all-weather road' in Doklam nears completion, increased deployment of army likely
- Arun Jaitley suffering from rare cancer, say multiple media reports
- Kolkata puppies' murder: Why hasn't animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi been more vocal?
- Kumaraswamy govt in Karnataka faces no threat from BJP, assures HD Deve Gowda
- Mountain collapses in Russia: Conspiracy theorists put forward UFO crash possibilities