Jallikattu controversy: Tamil Nadu CM Panneerselvam writes to PM Modi to allow banned 'sport' before Pongal
Queen Elizabeth II health update: Britain's Monarch makes first public appearance after two weeks of acute cold
Hundreds of thousands of barefoot devotees joined a procession in Manila on 9 January, to honour a centuries-old black statue of Jesus Christ. The Black Nazarene, a 17th century icon carved in Mexico, is believed to have healing powers and can grant miracles. The procession has been celebrated for more than 200 years in the Philippiness capital, where around 80 per cent of the population is Roman Catholic.
Jan 9, 2017
Ashley Tellis could be Donald Trump's man in New Delhi, but how much do you know about the Mumbai lad?
- Saudi Arabia intercepts two Houthi missiles targeting Mecca, claims embassy [Video]
- Where is NaMo TV? PM Modi's channel silently goes off air as Lok Sabha elections end
- US says Iranian freighters carrying missiles, deploys more warships in Persian Gulf
- Lok Sabha Phase 7 Election 2019: Who are the key candidates in the fray? Check out
- Rahul Gandhi should realise Indian elections aren't a love-hate wrestling bout