In a video posted by pro-opposition Syrian TV channel, Halab Today TV, a group of children from inside Aleppo plead for their lives and describe the terrifying barrage of airstrikes they are enduring. A 10-year-old girl called Yasmeen Farmouz speaks on behalf of the group of youngsters, and asked people all over the world to help them evacuate from their city, which is currently under heavy bombardment from the Syrian government forces, supported by Russia war planes and Iranian militia groups. The video was released after reports that the evacuation efforts for civilians has been delayed again. The United Nations said the bombardment of the city could amount to war crimes.
Dec 15, 2016
The White House condemned the bombardment of Syrias second biggest city, Aleppo, saying the upsurge was a deeply tragic situation. White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters the US was working through a variety of diplomatic channels to bring the bloodshed to an end.
Dec 15, 2016
Babur cruise missile: Here is why Pakistan failed to inform India about testing the nuclear-capable missile
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida for 'leaking sensitive information'
- Virat Kohli: Anushka Sharma and I don't lead fairytale lives unlike what people think
- PM Modi claims Sikkim's Pakyong airport is the 100th in India but is it so?
- Modicare: Over 1,000 patients avail benefits of world's largest healthcare scheme within 24 hours
- Aadhaar verdict: Judges rule that Aadhaar is constitutionally valid but with a few changes
- Violinist Balabhaskar critically injured, daughter killed in road accident
- Indian man charged in Dubai for groping 25-year-old woman
- Rafale deal: Why Dassault decided to partner with Anil Ambani's Reliance Defence
- Post-2014, India 'richer' by 601 new billionaires; Mukesh Ambani on top