Science & Health
New Delhi, Jan 05 (ANI): A new study has demonstrated that depression is a result of inflammation caused by the body's immune system. Depression does involve psychology, but it also involves equal parts of biology and physical health, a leading daily reported. According to the study, a family of proteins called cytokines sets off. Both cytokines and inflammation have been shown to rocket during depressive episodes and in people with bipolar to drop off in periods of remission. Healthy people can also be temporarily put into a depressed, anxious state when given a vaccine that causes a spike in inflammation.
Jan 5, 2015
Watch Quadrantids Meteor Shower 2015: Live Stream Information, Details on First Shooting Stars of New Year
New Delhi, Jan 02 (ANI) : According to the researchers, a body needs physical activity like taking at least 10,000 steps per day and being idle for even a few days causes damage to blood vessels, which takes time to fix, the daily reported.The study suggested that being idle for a long time can result in weight gain and insulin resistance, which leads to Type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.Low physical activity is considered to be fewer than 5,000 steps a day, which is half the recommended amount for good health. Negative consequences could be reversed and at any stage of a disease, at any time in a person's life, they could get active and prolong their life.
Jan 2, 2015
- New study unveils more mindblowing details about interstellar visitor Oumuamua
- Coronavirus vaccine development moving positively: Bharat Biotech CEO
- Giant asteroid taller than Empire State Building heading towards Earth this week
- Coronavirus only tip of an iceberg; more outbreaks to follow, warns top virologist
- Who is Rajiv V. Joshi, winner of 'Inventor of the Year' award: His remarkable feats