In the Milky Way alone, there are millions of stars and billions of planets, many of which are potentially habitable, meaning they could have the conditions right for life. With an estimated two trillion galaxies in the universe, the universe should be teeming with alien life. So where is it?
Jul 26, 2017
Science & Health
Astronomer captures rare footage of 'sprites': Here are top 7 facts about this unique phenomenon [VIDEO]
NASA's Cassini captures particles from Saturn's outer rings during Grand Finale: Top 5 things to know
India's TeamIndus will become the first private firm to land spacecraft on the moon if it succeeds in sending its rover this year end.
Jul 22, 2017
Sharks are usually considered fierce and brutal but an estimated 100 million sharks are slaughtered by humans each year. Some species populations have dropped between 30% - 50%. The increase in shark fishing, mainly for valuable shark fins, is the main reason for their decreased population.
Jul 22, 2017
An Angolan colobus monkey was born at Zoo Atlanta on July 15. The snow-white baby will grow the typical long black and white hair at three months old. Angolan colobus monkeys are threatened by hunting and habitat loss in central and east Africa.
Jul 21, 2017
The US Geological Survey said at around 1.30am local time on Friday morning (21 July) a magnitude 6.7 quake struck 10km south of the Turkish city of Bodrum and 16km north-east of Kos, Greece, areas popular with British tourists. The European quake agency EMSC reported the prospect of a small tsunami. However, this was downplayed by Turkish officials who said large waves, rather than a tsunami, were expected.
Jul 21, 2017
- India, Australia attempt to rescue Navy commander stranded in ocean storm
- End of American dream for Indian spouses? Trump admin likely to revoke H-4 visas within 3 months
- Pakistan 'deeply disappointed' after India calls off foreign ministers' meet in New York
- Twitter bug may have compromised messages of 3 million users
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure
- Using solid fuels like wood and coal to cook increases danger of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Study
- Avoiding junk food may be as difficult as quitting drugs, study says
- Octopus and Humans react the same on MDMA, display enhanced social behavior
- 12 children die in Delhi hospital in 2 weeks due to Diphtheria infection