Watch: 'Tamilian' Rajinikanth says leaders are good but system is rotten; Is politics getting a Superstar?
U.S. President Donald Trump says hes been treated the most unfairly of any politician in history by the media. He made the comments in a speech at the US Coast Guard commencement on 17 May, after a week of scandals at the White House following his firing of FBI Director James Comey and increasing calls for an independent probe of possible collusion between his 2016 campaign and Russia.
May 18, 2017
Protesters flooded Sao Paulos Avenida Paulista on the evening of 17 May after Brazilian newspaper Globo reported secret recordings linked President Michel Temer to a corruption scandal. Protesters called for Temers impeachment after Globo reported that two businessman had shared a recording of Temer allegedly approving payments to buy the silence of former lower house Speaker Eduardo Cunha with prosecutors.
May 18, 2017
The US Ambassador to the UN, Nikki Haley, on Tuesday (16 May) urged countries to decide whether they support North Korea or oppose its nuclear and missile ambitions. Speaking ahead of an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council following Pyongyangs latest missile test on 14 May, Haley vowed to call out states backing the reclusive state. She suggested that some countries were failing to adhere to UN-imposed sanctions and warned she would target them with sanctions for supporting the Kim Jong-un regimes missile programme.
May 17, 2017
In an unexpected turn of events on Tuesday (May 16), following a vital meeting between Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and US President Donald Trump in Washington, two groups of protesters clashed outside the Turkish embassy. Altercations broke out between pro-Erdogan and Kurdish supporters outside the Turkish ambassadors official residence in the US capital. The two groups were carrying their respective flags and placards, shouting slogans outside the embassy. Footage from the Armenian National Committee of America showed policemen trying to intervene and stop the violence. The situation was reportedly brought under control after a reinforcement team reached the spot.
May 17, 2017
- Watch BSP MP Rakesh Pandey's son brandish a gun outside Hyatt hotel in Delhi [Video]
- #MeToo: Union Minister MJ Akbar to have 6 lawyers and not 97, confirms law firm
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Govt wants Telangana to return Rs 190 cr after it fails to meet PM's housing targets
- #MeToo: MJ Akbar returns to India; will issue statement on sexual harassment allegations
- US airman who claimed to have seen alien evidence on moon dies in horrific bike accident
- Jamal Khashoggi was beheaded and cut into pieces alive after gruesome 7-minute torture
- #MeToo: I was stripped at 7, gang-raped at 12, tasted my own blood performing oral sex, reveals Harish Iyer
- Who is Suhasini Raj? Lady journalist forced to abandon Sabarimala trek mid-way amid protests
- H-1B visas to undergo major changes in favour of US workers making things tougher for foreign nationals