The US hopes Russia will abandon its support Syrian President Bashar al-Assad because actions such as last weeks chemical attack have stripped him of all legitimacy, US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said during the G7 meeting in Italy on 11 April.
Apr 12, 2017
In an effort to shame Russia for its support of Syrian President Bashar al-Assads government and its alleged use of chemical weapons in a recent attack, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer falsely claimed that Nazi leader Adolf Hitler didnt even sink to using chemical weapons during World War II. In fact, millions of Jews were slaughtered during the Holocaust by the Nazi regime, which used the deadly pesticide gas Zyklon B. Spicers remarks prompted widespread outrage and condemnation, forcing him to apologise.
Apr 12, 2017
Johnson was speaking at a G7 meeting in Lucca, Italy on 10 April, where foreign ministers from around the world were discussing putting pressure on Russia to break ties with the Syrian government.
Apr 11, 2017
Kulbhushan Jadav death sentence: Pakistan's Defence Minister warns those 'plotting' against country; India promises consequences
Parliament unites against Pakistan to fight for Kulbhushan Jadhav; here are three options left for the 'spy' in death row
- Croatian president's hugs, Putin's umbrella and Macron's Pogba dab: Leaders steal the show after World Cup final
- France coach Didier Deschamps reveals crucial moment in their journey to Fifa World Cup glory
- Mobile deal alert: Apple iPhone X price slashed ahead of Amazon Prime Day sale
- Want to reduce your carbon footprint? Stop giving birth to more children
- UFOs are real, but don't know what they are: Former UK ministry official Nick Pope
- Uber driver assaults passenger leaving him with broken nose, Ola driver arrested for trying to throw footwear at rider
- Madhur Bhandarkar hits out at Rahul Gandhi for his comment on Sacred Games' controversy
- Pakistan Army spokesperson Asif Ghafoor tweets picture of Baloch leader standing on Indian flag
- Google techie lynched in Karnataka's Bidar over child-lifting rumours on WhatsApp