World Health Day 2015: Narendra Modi, Taapsee Pannu, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar and Others Suggest Health Tips [VIDEO]
Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Alessandra Ambrosio, Jessica Alba and Other Hollywood Celebs who Practice Yoga [PHOTOS]
New Delhi, March 3 (ANI): A new study has found that drinking a glass of tomato juice daily helps in reducing the weight around the waist without making any other changes to diet or lifestyle. The study explained that women who drank almost half-a-pint of tomato juice daily for eight weeks, lost nearly an inch off their waistlines, and drops the cholesterol by about 10 percent, a daily reported. According to a nutritionist tomatoes could play a key role in controlling weight gain. Even before this many studies mentioned that tomatoes carry some potential nutrients that reduces the risk of cancer, heart disease and depression.
Mar 3, 2015
New Delhi, March 3 (ANI): A new study has shed light on the beneficial effects of low-calorie diets on healthy aging The study suggested that Targeting mechanisms in the central nervous system that sense energy generated by nutrients might yield the beneficial effects of low-calorie diets on healthy aging without the need to alter food intake. The study suggested that manipulating the energy-sensing pathway could cause organisms to perceive their cells to be in a low-energy state, even if they are eating normally and energy levels are high. Drugs targeting the cells' energy-sensors by this way could potentially address age-related diseases, including cancer and neuro degeneration, and may offer an alternative to caloric restriction.
Mar 3, 2015
9 hours ago
- Princess Diana's never-seen-before handwritten letter reveals her love for chocolate before her battle with bulimia
- Fifa World Cup: Iranian women the real winners as decades-old stadium ban lifted for Spain tie
- Germany fan designs flag with bras and panties to inspire Joachim Low's World Cup team in Russia
- Chhattisgarh: Man rapes, murders his four-year-old granddaughter, held
- NASA accidentally exposed life on Mars? Bizarre alien figure spotted in shocking clip
- Addiction explained: Here's why the brain chooses alcohol over healthier alternatives
- Japan's Hayabusa2 mission to return a sample of an asteroid has almost reached its target
- Summer Solstice 2018: Longest day of the year - why it happens, what you need to know
- Scientists discover over 100 planets with possible habitable exomoons