Typhoon Hato slammed southern Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau on August 23, flooding streets, overturning cars and severely damaging roads and structures in multiple cities.This timelapse shows the storms winds sweeping over Macau
Aug 24, 2017
Science & Health
Three brothers, including a seven-month baby, were rescued from the rubble of a collapsed building after an earthquake demolished it in the holiday island of Ischia in Italy.
Aug 23, 2017
Chinas state-run broadcaster CCTV has released footage of a tornado ripping through a town in northern China on 21 August. The tornado swirled above buildings, smashing windows of cars and apartments, and lasted for about 10 minutes.Debris stirred up by the tornado can be seen swirling into the air above Nenjiang in Heilongjiang Province.
Aug 22, 2017
The flood situation remained grim in Bihar while the death toll rose to 253 on Sunday, an official said.
Aug 21, 2017
After Bengaluru witnessed the heaviest rain in a day in August in a century, Bellandur Lake once again spilt toxic foam, on Thursday. According to reports, this time the froth was worse than it has ever been before.
Aug 17, 2017
Bengaluru's Bellandur Lake froths like never before; CM says problem will be solved in 1 or 2 years [VIDEO]
The Delhi-based SPACE organisation will live-stream the upcoming August 21 total solar eclipse on a YouTube channel for the Indian audience.
Aug 17, 2017
Researchers identified nearly 100 previously unknown volcanoes, and the largest of them is as tall as the Eiger in Switzerland.
Aug 15, 2017
The day also honours the research experiments by Sir Rudolf Diesel who predicted that in future, fossil fuels would be replaced with vegetable oil. Here are 5 reasons why bio-diesel is better than diesel.
Aug 10, 2017
Weather-related disasters are exponentially increasing. In fact, two-thirds of Europe could be affected by an extreme weather event by 2100, according to a study published in the Lancet Planetary Health journal on 4 August. In the 72 hours since, this years worlds strongest storm , Typhoon Noru pounded Central Japan, causing more than 400 flights to get cancelled.Landslides crippled Northern Italy and Southwest China following extended heatwaves Meanwhile, wildfires raged in Western Greenland, an occurrence so rare that The European Union Earth Observation Programme has no data on similar activity in this region. At this time, this appears to be unprecedented.
Aug 8, 2017
The local authority mobilized more than 700 firefighters and staff members from the civil affairs administration and the public security to conduct emergency rescue.
Aug 8, 2017
1 hour ago
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: China, South Korea-exclusive variant will leave others envious
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Egypt vs Russia live stream, TV guide and team news
- You can no longer book Uber from Google Maps on Android for reasons unknown
- Good riddance to bad alliance in Jammu & Kashmir; BJP failed the state and country
- Was Albert Einstein a racist? That's what his personal diary reveals about him
- Watch: Meteor illuminates sky during Foo Fighters show in Netherlands
- Volcanoes produce music deep inside them and it could help prepare for eruptions
- NASA accidentally exposed life on Mars? Bizarre alien figure spotted in shocking clip
- Yoga and meditation may lead to an inflated ego, study says