An interview that Hollywood star Sean Penn conducted with Mexican Joaquin â€œEl Chapoâ€ Guzman late last year helped Mexicos government catch the worlds most wanted drug lord, sources said on 9 January. Guzman, the infamous boss of the Sinaloa drug cartel, was arrested in northwest Mexico on 8 January, and sent back to the prison he broke out of in July through a mile-long tunnel that led straight into his cell.
Jan 11, 2016
Supreme Court calls for harsher punishment for rape of children below 10 years, seeks Centre's stand on castration
Angry protests have erupted in the German city of Cologne after men of North African and Arab appearance were blamed for dozens of sex attacks on New Years Eve. Among the thousands of protesters were womens rights campaigners and far-right nationalists from the anti-Muslim Pegida movement.
Jan 9, 2016
Mexico recaptured the worlds top drug lord Joaquin El Chapo Guzman with US help after a pre-dawn shootout on 8 January, six months after he humiliated the government with his second jaw-dropping escape from a maximum security prison. Guzman, head of the powerful Sinaloa Cartel, was presented to the media and bundled into a Marines helicopter in the evening, to be flown to the same prison from which he escaped.
Jan 9, 2016
- What is West Nile Virus? 7-year-old boy dies in Kerala, was in isolation ward for last 10 days
- Aliens secretly living in Saturn's moon Pan? Researcher analyses NASA images to prove it
- Manohar Parrikar to be accorded state funeral with full military honours at Miramar beach
- List of names written on New Zealand terror accused Brenton Tarrant's guns
- New Zealand mosque shootings toll rises to 50, families wait to bury their dead