Apple forecast its first revenue drop in 13 years on 27 January and reported the slowest-ever increase in iPhone shipments as the critical Chinese market showed signs of cooling down. Despite this, the company reported revenue of $18.37bn (Â£12.83, â‚¬16.91) from Greater China, accounting for 24.2% of total revenue. Revenue from the region nearly doubled in the fourth quarter. Avneesh Saxena, Vice President of DCI Asia/Pacific, said Apple had performed well in the current economic state, but that the company will have to continue to be innovative if they want to keep their edge.
Jan 27, 2016
The mosquito-borne Zika virus could be linked to 4,000 suspected cases of microcephaly in Brazil including 49 deaths, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on 26 January. Brazil has reported 3,893 suspected cases of microcephaly, the WHO said on 22 January, over 30 times more than in any year since 2010 and equivalent to 1-2 percent of all new-borns in the state of Pernambuco, one of the worst-hit areas.
Jan 26, 2016
British taxpayers will join forces with Microsoft tycoon Bill Gates and fund a Â£3bn programme whose aim is to eradicate malaria within decades.
Jan 25, 2016
- WhatsApp 'Suspicious Link Indicator' feature launch imminent: Now available in beta for Android
- Selena Gomez birthday: What's The Weeknd's plan for the former flame?
- Iranian President issues warning to Trump, threatens 'mother of all wars'
- Why do people believe outlandish conspiracy theories and obvious hoaxes?
- OnePlus eyeing new HQ in India; R&D centre likely in Bengaluru or Hyderabad
- Skytrax World Airline Awards: Singapore Airlines named world's best for 2018
- New hurdle for Vodafone-Idea merger as telecom department rejects request
- Q1 profits of Federal Bank up by 25 percent, beat estimates
- Microsoft shares have risen 180 percent since Satya Nadella took over as chief executive