Science & Health
A greater one-horned rhinoceros charged a truck and elephants after being released into Nepal’s Shuklaphanta National Park.Video from WWF Nepal shows the Indian rhino attacking a specially built truck used to transport him from Chitwan National Park to its new home in the far west of Nepal. The Nepali government and WWF Nepal plan to relocate five rhinos to the Shuklaphanta reserve to boost its existing population of 10 rhinos. WWF Nepal said in a statement that 250 people and 30 elephants were involved in the relocation.
Apr 6, 2017
A woman gave birth to a baby girl on 4 April as she was rescued from the flooded region of Piura, in northern Peru. Maria Pingo was rescued by troops and gave birth during the flight as she was being taken to the Lambayeque Regional Hospital in Chiclayo. Continuing floods and mudslides have killed more than 100 people and left tens of thousands homeless since the start of the year.
Apr 6, 2017
Scientists gathered on 4 April to help usher in the final chapter of the NASA spacecraft Cassini, as it completes it’s 12-year mission. Cassini will begin its grand finale on April 26, going into a dive around Saturn’s rings gathering data, before crashing into the planet on 15 September.
Apr 5, 2017
- Sea level warning: France-sized Antarctic glacier found moving into ocean fast
- Dravidian language family is about 4,500 years old, finds new study
- Trappist-1's Earth-sized worlds may have too much water to host life
- What is Multiple Chemical Sensitivity? Study shows millions are affected by it
- Volcanic thunder recorded for the first time ever and it sounds epic