Towns along the Queensland coast in Australia have been hit hard as Cyclone Debbie made landfall between Airlie Beach and Bowen at around 2am GMT on Tuesday (March 28). The Insurance Council of Australia has declared the cyclone a catastrophe as powerful gale-force winds and flooding prompted authorities to evacuate around 30,000 people.
Mar 28, 2017
Science & Health
UP meat-sellers' strike: Crackdown on illegal, mechanised abattoirs affects livelihood of over 25 lakh people
Yellow fever, a virus carried by mosquitoes and endemic to Africa and South America, has killed thousands of brown howler monkeys since late 2016 in Brazil. Scientists are now ready to census the monkeys that remain at a reserve near the city of Caratinga to see how they can be better protected.
Mar 23, 2017
- NASA's Dawn mission finds Ceres geologically active, more than previously thought
- Dravidian language family is about 4,500 years old, finds new study
- Mysterious new purple aurora named Steve by scientists
- Stephen Hawking's last paper to demonstrate test for existence of parallel universes
- Woman hasn't urinated naturally in two years due to a rare condition