Science & Health
Hawaiis Kilauea Volcano continues to pour lava into the Pacific Ocean. The lava flow reappeared after drying up at the end of January.
Feb 11, 2017
New Zealand beach: Another 240 pilot whales stranded at Farewell Spit as volunteers form human chain
9,000 Uddanam residents diagnosed with kidney diseases due to groundwater poisoning. Here are four other prominent cases
BBMP wants to cut 112 trees to widen Jayamahal Main Road in Bengaluru; here's how you can save the green
Scattered debris found near the Great Barrier Reef are the remains of a huge ancient underwater landslide stretching for 20km and measuring 8km wide.
Feb 8, 2017
The European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites has produced an animation that summarises the status of sea ice concentration in the Arctic and Antarctic regions over the whole year.The group published the animation amid reports of how the ice levels at the polar caps are at a low. It cited a report stating the Arctic low ice level is due to global warming and unusual weather events while Antarctica’s low is due to a natural variability. In the animation above you can see how Arctic and Antarctic sea ice extent changed during the year.
Jan 31, 2017
'Rogue NASA' Twitter account is fighting against US President Donald Trump's climate change policies, but who's behind it?
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]
- Man with fused jaw couldn't eat solid food for 38 years
- Oceans on Mars could have formed early because of violent volcanic eruptions
- Volcanic thunder recorded for the first time ever and it sounds epic
- Sudan dead: World's last male northern white rhino euthanized in Kenya