Science & Health
A helium balloon the size of a football pitch was airborne around the continent of Antarctica for 12 days in 2016, but it took Nasa a whole year of waiting for the weather to be safe enough to go and pick it up. The scientists have now collected the expensive telescope the balloon carried to observe the Sun.
Feb 24, 2017
From jungles in the tropics to Antarctica’s Southern Ocean, the most diverse parts of the planet are among the areas that climate change is transforming.
Feb 23, 2017
Barren Island volcano erupts again: Here's all you need to know about the only active volcano in India
Heavy rainfall and strong winds have led to the evacuation of 100 homes in California. The severe storm caused California’s heaviest rainfall in six years. The latest storm follows months of wet weather in the state, ending a drought that began in 2011.
Feb 18, 2017
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]
- Man with fused jaw couldn't eat solid food for 38 years
- Oceans on Mars could have formed early because of violent volcanic eruptions
- Volcanic thunder recorded for the first time ever and it sounds epic
- Sudan dead: World's last male northern white rhino euthanized in Kenya