Science & Health
We can expect to see the majority of primate species driven towards extinction in the next 25-50 years, a group of 31 leading primatologists has said.
Jan 19, 2017
A 12-second time-lapse footage shows the moment when the smog engulfs the city of Beijing in the latest bout of air pollution. Pollution alerts are common in northern China, especially during bitterly cold winters when energy demand, much of it met by coal, soars.
Jan 9, 2017
A giant iceberg could break away from an ice shelf in Antarctica. An area more than three times the size of London is now only connected to the Larsen C ice shelf by 12 miles of ice. The soon-to-be iceberg makes up 10% of the ice shelf. When the 1,900 square mile area breaks away, Larsen C will be at its most retreated position ever. Sea levels could rise by up to 10cm if Larsen C disintegrates completely.
Jan 8, 2017
Wildlife crime: India bans import of skins of reptiles, mink, fox and chinchillas, thanks to Maneka Gandhi
Changes in the way ocean temperatures were measured in the late 20th Century made it look as though the oceans were getting cooler, but now independent data have confirmed that this hiatus in global warming never actually happened.
Jan 5, 2017
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]
- Man with fused jaw couldn't eat solid food for 38 years
- Oceans on Mars could have formed early because of violent volcanic eruptions
- Volcanic thunder recorded for the first time ever and it sounds epic
- Sudan dead: World's last male northern white rhino euthanized in Kenya