Apple forecast its first revenue drop in 13 years on 27 January and reported the slowest-ever increase in iPhone shipments as the critical Chinese market showed signs of cooling down. Despite this, the company reported revenue of $18.37bn (Â£12.83, â‚¬16.91) from Greater China, accounting for 24.2% of total revenue. Revenue from the region nearly doubled in the fourth quarter. Avneesh Saxena, Vice President of DCI Asia/Pacific, said Apple had performed well in the current economic state, but that the company will have to continue to be innovative if they want to keep their edge.
Jan 27, 2016
The mosquito-borne Zika virus could be linked to 4,000 suspected cases of microcephaly in Brazil including 49 deaths, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on 26 January. Brazil has reported 3,893 suspected cases of microcephaly, the WHO said on 22 January, over 30 times more than in any year since 2010 and equivalent to 1-2 percent of all new-borns in the state of Pernambuco, one of the worst-hit areas.
Jan 26, 2016
British taxpayers will join forces with Microsoft tycoon Bill Gates and fund a Â£3bn programme whose aim is to eradicate malaria within decades.
Jan 25, 2016
- Stocks to watch on March 22: Sun Pharma, Coal India, JP Associates
- Buy, Sell, Hold: What stocks are analysts tracking on March 22
- Nirav Modi scam: 'PNB staff bought assets overseas, stashed funds'
- New bill to protect American call-center jobs: Bad news for India
- Cheque books of SBI's associate banks to become invalid after March 31