Pro-government supporters took to the streets in Aleppo on 22 December as the Syrian army declared it had retaken the city. The last of the rebel fighters were evacuated from the city, handing President Bashar al-Assad his biggest victory in a nearly six-year war. The Syrian army announced in a statement on Thursday This victory constitutes an important turning point.
Dec 23, 2016
Morning brief: Syrian Army regains control of Aleppo, trouble in paradise for Beyonce, Sun Pharma acquires cancer drug from Novartis and more
War in Syria: Did Russia use Syrians as target practice for its military weapons? This US general thinks so
An explosion, the cause of which was unclear, was heard near a Christmas celebration in western Aleppo on 20 December. The footage shows the celebrations before the reported explosion. Evacuations from rebel-held areas of Aleppo are continuing as pro-government forces prepare to regain control of the city.
Dec 21, 2016
Russian ambassador killing: Vladimir Putin vows 'robust response' after ambassador shot dead in Ankara
- Jio makes U-turn on tariff transparency, doesn't want to reveal special recharge packs
- Ravi Pujari lands in Bengaluru Police net; extradited criminal set to face justice
- Femina Beauty Awards 2020: Katrina Kaif to Deepika Padukone, Ananya Panday to Sonal Chauhan - best and worst dressed
- Here why Indian Navy is in love with MH-60 'Romeo' Seahawk helicopters
- Swine flu (H1N1) alert in Bengaluru as SAP confirms two positive cases