Viral Acharya, who was fondly called 'the poor man's, Raghuram Rajan', had made strong calls for RBI's independence.
Jun 24, 2019
"It is sad that our agencies will investigate the opposition, but not those in power," says Sibal.
Apr 9, 2019
Widening of 'affordable housing' category and rate reduction expected to give a push to Narendra Modi government's 'Housing for All 2022' programme.
Feb 25, 2019
The government had introduced the Rs 2,000 notes to arrest the cash shortage in economy following the demonetisation decision announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 8, 2016.
Jan 4, 2019
Maurice Obstfeld, however, supports the RBI, saying the central bank's independence is a must for ensuring financial stability.
Dec 10, 2018
The Confederation of ATM Industry (CATMi) has warned against another financial shock which may arrest the cash supply in the economy.
Nov 23, 2018
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 5.15%, real GDP growth revised to 5%
- Priyamani set to turn Kangana Ranaut's close aide; will she play Sasikala in Thalaivi?
- Reliance Jio's new plans start at Rs 199: Promise to offer '300% more benefits'
- Will GMR take Delhi's second airport by right of refusal as Swiss firm wins bid?
- Watch | Katy Perry strips down to nothing in cheeky Christmas video