Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova, the highest-paid woman in sports, said on 7 March that she failed a drug test at the Australian Open due to a substance she has been taking for 10 years for health issues.
Mar 8, 2016
Maria Sharapova positive drug test: Capriati slams Russian, says she should be stripped of all titles
Tennis number one Novak Djokovic has been nominated again for the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year Award he won last year, which doesnt surprise his coach Boris Becker, who says the Serb keeps getting better. Triple Wimbledon champion Becker is Chairman of Laureus Germany, where the awards ceremony will be held in Berlin on April 18 and in a recent interview in London said that Djokovic is an incredibly motivated street fighter who keeps getting better.
Mar 4, 2016
Andy Murray remains committed to playing a full part in Great Britains Davis Cup defence starting on 4 March, despite becoming a dad and the prospect of a packed playing schedule hampering his chances of leading the side to a repeat triumph. Murray was instrumental in ending Britains 79-year wait for the title that came with victory over Belgium in Ghent last November and he will be back on court for a first round tie against Japan in Birmingham.
Mar 3, 2016
Tennis fixing: TIU reports 246 suspicious matches in 2015
Feb 25, 2016
Australian Open winner Angelique Kerber said that she had experienced the best two weeks of my lifeâ€, after upsetting world No 1 Serena Williams in the tournaments final on 30 January. Germanys Kerber, ranked No 6 in the world before the tournament and seventh seeded in Melbourne, posed with the tournament trophy at Melbournes Government House. She popped a bottle of champagne, before shaking it up and spraying it toward the cameras.
Feb 1, 2016
A beaming Novak Djokovic showed off his Australian Open trophy in Melbourne on 1 February, saying the desire to become the greatest tennis player ever will be motivation in the years to come. The 28-year-old world number one vanquished Andy Murray for the fourth time in an Australian Open to win a record-equalling sixth title and serve notice to his rivals that hes just getting started. The Serbians fifth crown in six years on his favourite court not only allowed him to match Roy Emersons record Australian Open tally but also brought him level with Rod Laver and Bjorn Borg on 11 grand slam titles.
Feb 1, 2016
- Find Google's targeted ads invasive? Here's how to turn it off
- MysteryBot malware alert: Facebook, WhatsApp and several banking apps potentially under attack
- Who is Sarah Ferguson? Will Duchess of York sit with Prince Andrew for Princess Eugenie's wedding?
- Meghan Markle adopts Princess Diana's nickname for Queen
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Watch viral video of Malayalam commentator describing Cristiano Ronaldo's free-kick
- Neymar's theatrics are too much, Brazil should bank on Coutinho for World Cup title tilt
- Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni take yo-yo tests at NCA; what are the results?
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Southgate delighted for Kane as England make winning start to campaign
- Messi vs Ronaldo, Round 1 at Fifa World Cup 2018: Twitter gives its verdict