Haridwar/ Bengaluru, Jan 05 (ANI): The Sports Ministry has recommended Badminton player Saina Nehwal’s name for Padma Bhushan after she said she was hurt as her name was not recommended to a panel for the award. Expressing her joy, Nehwal said that she was happy at the quick action taken by the Sports Minister, Sarbananda Sonowal. She also said that she was upset at the kind of news spread by media regarding the way her request was put up as a demand. She added that being a sports person her duty is to play for the country irrespective of the fact whether she gets the award or not. Meanwhile, Wrestler Sushil Kumar congratulated Saina for being recommended. Kumar’s coach and a former wrestler Satpal Singh hailed Nehwal’s achievements, but described Kumar’s contribution to sports as “outstanding”.
Jan 5, 2015
India vs Australia Test Series: It Will Not Be All Right, Says Warner as Teams Prepare for SCG Battle in Hughes' Memory
Arsenal Transfer News: Arsene Wenger Plots £7 Million Move For Potential Wojciech Szczesny Replacement
Stuart Scott Dies: LeBron James, Barack Obama, Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods Lead Tributes to ESPN Legend
Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Close to Huge Signing as Defender Says He Wants Old Trafford Move
Liverpool Injury Update: Latest Team News on Gerrard, Skrtel, Lovren, Lallana and Balotelli as Reds Look for FA Cup High
- India vs Australia 3rd ODI, Melbourne: Team news, playing XI, pitch & weather conditions
- Chennai Super Kings' secret behind winning IPL 2018 revealed by N Srinivasan
- Rishabh Pant posts picture with his girlfriend; goes from babysitter to 'baby' sitter? [Photo]
- Hardik Pandya disappointed with suspension; waiting for BCCI decision, says his father
- Hardik Pandya-KL Rahul controversy: Supreme Court to decide punishment?