New Delhi, Dec10 (ANI): The Narendra Modi government is thinking to confer the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian award, on former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. According to reports, a formal announcement in this regard is expected to be put in public domain on December 25 when the nation will celebrate Vajpaye's leader's 90th birthday. As per the reports available, the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) government, which was voted to power this May, may bestow its first Bharat Ratna on Vajpayee on January 26 next year. Reacting over this veteran BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said that no one deserves Bharat Ratna more than Vajpayee. Mathura MP and former Bollywood actress, Hema Malini, also echoed similar views. Shiv Sena leader Anant Geete said that his party wants Bharat Ratna to be awarded to the former prime minister. Meanwhile, the Congress said that there are also other personalities whose name should be considered.
Dec 10, 2014
Giridih, Dec 10 (ANI): BJP President Amit Shah on Wednesday while addressing a rally in Giridih district of Jharkhand assured that under Prime Minister Narendra Modi's leadership, Jharkhand will witness development. Taking a dig at Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, Shah said that Gandhi's rally has assured BJP's win in the upcoming assembly elections.
Dec 10, 2014
Japan's Secrecy Law Comes into Effect; 'Country will End up Like Russia, North Korea,' Say Protesters
- From rise of AI to doomsday asteroid: Five possible ways world could end
- AAP legislator quits due to 'double standards', 'autocratic functioning'
- Kolkata puppies' murder: Why hasn't animal rights activist Maneka Gandhi been more vocal?
- Casteism forces 17-year-old boy to carry his mother's body on cycle for 5kms in Odisha [VIDEO]
- Porn ban: Has blocking 827 websites decreased porn consumption in India?