The family of an unarmed black man shot in the back by a white police officer will get a $6.5m (£4.23m) settlement from the city of North Charleston, South Carolina, city officials said on 8 October.
Oct 9, 2015
What opinion polls say about Bihar elections: BJP-led NDA may defeat JD(U)'s grand alliance by a slight margin
Uttar Pradesh: Police strip Dalit couple in Greater Noida who insisted on filing FIR for robbery [Video]
- How did Sachin Pilot and Sara Abdullah meet? A love story that goes beyond religion and politics
- Mysterious UFO spotted near SpaceX dragon before interruption in live feed
- Thanjavur Temple case: Relief for Art of Living after Madras HC recognises permission for event
- India's death penalty problem: Speed up executions or rethink on judicial murder?
- From luxury yachts to fancy watches, Vijay Mallya no longer owns fabled assets