Aam Aadmi Party's failure is not a political tragedy; it's a blow to India's quest for alternative politics
Emmanuel Macron to become youngest president of France: French defy anti-immigration sentiments that fuelled Brexit and Donald Trump election
President elect Macrons first speech after results.
May 8, 2017
AAP denies Mishra's allegations against Kejriwal even as Congress, BJP demand Delhi CM's resignation
Up to 80 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram in 2014 have been released. They were among 276 who were abducted from their school in Chibok on 14 April.The girls were released by Boko Haram after negotiations with the Nigerian government. Over 100 girls are still being held captive by the insurgents.In the last eight years, Boko Haram have killed over 30,000 people and kidnapped hundreds.
May 7, 2017
French elections 2017: All you need to know about the French polls and its main candidates - Macron and Le Pen
Tens of thousands of women marched through cities in Venezuela to protest President Nicolás Maduro.The protesters called for peace after weeks of violent protests in the country. At least 37 people have died in anti-Maduro protests since early April.Protesters call for the presidential election to be moved forward from 2018 opposition activists to be freed and humanitarian aid from abroad.Maduro plans to set up a constituent assembly with extended powers to control the crisis-hit country.
May 7, 2017
- Egypt's Mohamed Morsi dies during court trial; Muslim Brotherhood calls for protests
- Ex- army man tries to rape daughter, shoots at her after she refuses
- Bengal man tortures mother over a property dispute, brands her 'witch'
- No more steel flyover in Bengaluru, Karnataka government revokes project
- YSRCP lawmaker threatens to demolish Chandrababu Naidu's Amaravati home