Furore over Srijato Bandyopadhyay's anti-BJP verse raises the question once again, has freedom of expression ever truly existed in India?
Gina Miller, the investment fund manager who successfully challenged the Government in the courts over Brexit, warned MPs to prepare to take the blame after Britain leaves the EU. Miller believes that tribalism could grow across the country, as well as feelings of anti-London sentiment. The comments come just over a week before the UK Government plans to invoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty and trigger two-year-long divorce talks with the EU.
Mar 21, 2017
IBTimes UK interviewed Ethiopian ambassador to the UK – Dr Hailemichael Afework Aberra – on terrorism threat, development, state of emergency and refugee crisis in one of the most stable countries of the Horn of Africa.
Mar 21, 2017
- Did Nostradamus predict World War 3, Narendra Modi's return in 2019?
- Devastating earthquake could jolt the planet this weekend, researcher warns authorities
- New York man charged with hate crime for assaulting Indian-origin woman on subway
- Upcoming Blood Moon in January could mark beginning of apocalypse, claims Christian pastor
- How did Sachin Pilot and Sara Abdullah meet? A love story that goes beyond religion and politics