Science & Health
Planets are believed to be hospitable if they are at a particular distance from their host star and thus able to hold liquid water, scientists have now found that a planet's tilt also plays a major role in allowing life to form on its surface.
May 18, 2018
The Montreal Protocol made it illegal to produce and use ozone-depleting chemicals over 30 years ago. While it has been a success for the most part since then, scientists have recently discovered a sudden and massive spike in CFC-11 levels.
May 17, 2018
After studying data over two decades old, scientists have now confirmed that Jupiter's moon Europa has water plumes as high as 100 miles off the surface, which shows a great deal of promise for future space missions.
May 15, 2018
According to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, there is going to be a close encounter with an asteroid the size of New York's Statue of Liberty, as it skims past our planet on May 15.
May 15, 2018
- Harmone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Why International media outlets connecting mysterious radio bursts to extraterrestrial aliens?
- Aliens waiting for humans in interstellar space? Harvard researcher claims so