Science & Health
Mexicos Popocatepetl volcano erupted on Thursday (29 October), belching ash and smoke across blue skies, authorities reported. A spectacular column of ash erupted from the volcano at 8.57am local time. The volcano is located 50 miles southeast of the capital, Mexico City.
Oct 30, 2015
Chiles Atacama Desert has turned into a mauve-coloured carpet of flowers following a downpour of rain from the countrys north that has seen the normally arid region turn to a psychedelic wonderland of shades of purple. This phenomenon takes place every five to seven years but this is the most spectacular blossoming the region has seen in the past 18 years.
Oct 29, 2015
Nasas Cassini probe is scheduled to make its lowest pass yet over Saturns Enceladus moon on Wednesday (28 October), swooping through the moons towering plume of ice and water vapour to provide new insights into how hospitable the ocean thought to cover Enceladus could be to life.
Oct 28, 2015
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- Drunk Irish passenger assaults Air India cabin crew for not serving more wine
- Twitter storm rages over US President Donald Trump's Diwali tweet
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- Pilots report UFO sighting off Irish coast, probe underway
- Internet and satellite blackout expected as dangerous solar storm to hit Earth on November 18
- After artificial moon, China develops artificial Sun, and it is hotter than our 'real Sun'
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- GSLV Mk III: ISRO launches India's heaviest rocket from Sriharikota