Science & Health
A Scottish company has developed a commercial scale method of producing biofuel capable of fuelling cars from the unwanted residue of the whisky fermentation process. Edinburgh-based Celtic Renewables developed its process of producing biobutanol at industrial scale in Belgium and was recently awarded a Â£11m ($16.7m) grant by the British government to build a bespoke facility of its own in central Scotland.
Nov 23, 2015
For some this is the sound of progress. The coal mining industry is booming in India where a new mine is opened every month. In their push to compete on the global stage, Asian countries like India are increasingly looking to coal to power their economies and feed their growing energy demands. Officials in Indias coal ministry said despite a push for renewable energy sources, coal will continue to win out.
Nov 21, 2015
- Aliens waiting for humans in interstellar space? Harvard researcher claims so
- Why International media outlets connecting mysterious radio bursts to extraterrestrial aliens?
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Existence of alien life is something we can never cover up, says NASA official
- Universe existed before Big Bang, and it was mirror image of present cosmos with time traveling backward: study