The arctic cold has hit much of the central and eastern United States, where sub zero wind chills and record low temperatures are having extreme environmental effects. Sharks have washed up frozen on the beach, Niagara Falls is partially frozen and over 11 deaths have been attributed to the cold weather.
Jan 4, 2018
Science & Health
Earth getting squashed due to climate change as meltwater from ice sheets make oceans heavier: Study
Storm Eleanor has caused flooding and disruption with heavy rainfall and winds of up to 130 km/hour.
Jan 3, 2018
Remarkable finding: Stone tools dating back to 15,000 years found in Mumbai, could determine city's existence
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Existence of alien life is something we can never cover up, says NASA official