Mumbai, Feb 18 (ANI): Cricket legend, Sachin Tendulkar, launched the new BMW i8 hybrid sports car in showbiz capital Mumbai on Wednesday. The i8 is the first car from BMW 'I' series that is introduced to the Indian car market. The car will be sold in Mumbai, New Delhi and Chennai only and is the first BMWs sports and hybrid car. The car is powered by a 1.5 -litre turbo petrol engine (231bhp) and a 131bhp electric motor, which together produce 362bhp of power. This engine comes mated to a six-speed StepTronic transmission. Running on battery power, it achieves a top speed of 120 km/hr and will travel only for 35 kilometres at one go.
Feb 18, 2015
New Delhi, Feb 18 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 162.88 points up to stand at 29,298.76. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 56.95 points up to stand at 8,866.30. SUZLON and RTN POWER were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 16.34% and 15.35% along with PIPAVAVDOC and MRPL with an increase of 14.18% and 9.25% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include RURAL ELECTRIFICATION CORPORATION LTD and HERO MOTOCORP LTD. with a decrease of 6.78% and 4.94% along with PMCFIN and NMDC with a decrease of 4.89% and 4.50% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 193.03 points at 19,867.25 while the banking sector is up 105.78 points at 22,088.77 and the reality sector is down at 9.30 points at 1,728.46. The Indian currency is down 0.25% at Rs 62.31 per dollar.
Feb 18, 2015
- Here's why breaking up Facebook won't address issues with content and security
- 50 Indians named in list of Swiss bank accounts holders, details shared with Modi govt
- Why is Infosys reviving Panaya, the Israeli subsidiary it wanted to sell at slashed rate?
- Amazon to invest in NinjaCart; here's why Jeff Bezos is interested in the fresh produce sector
- Trade spat: India imposes retaliatory tariff on 29 US items