A first-of-its-kind ambulance taxi service created by the Vodafone Foundation to save the lives of high-risk pregnant women in two Tanzanian districts the size of Belgium, reduced maternal mortality rates by 27% in its first year.
May 22, 2017
India trails China, Nepal and Bangladesh in global healthcare index; could it dent medical tourism industry?
#YellowSunday, a Congolese–led initiative, is hoping to raise funds to enable 1,000 women living in conflict and post-conflict zones in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to train as nurses.
May 18, 2017
Woman's sincere and heartbreaking description of how 'depression isn't beautiful' goes viral on Facebook
Greig Trout is the founder of 101 Things to do When you Survive, an anti-bucket list list that saw him travel the world. Trout isnt someone you would meet now and realise that he has once suffered severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Trout is a double cancer survivor, first diagnosed at just aged seven with a stage 4 Wilms tumour, and again at aged 30 but this time with stage 2 bowel cancer. Although he fully recovered from both cancers the psychological effects and fear of the cancer returning were what really took their toll. He spoke to IBTimes UK on Mental Health Awarness Week about his experience.
May 9, 2017
15 hours ago
- Hate crime: Sikh attacked in US; had his beard pulled, face punched and kicked around
- Czech defence minister to attend Aero India in Bengaluru: PM Andrej Babis
- 'We will not let Kangana Ranaut walk freely in Maharashtra', threatens Karni Sena on release of Manikarnika
- Get ready for Sunday night's 'supermoon' total lunar eclipse
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Planetary alignment to be blamed? Magnitude 6.7 earthquake jolts Chile
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists