Hundreds of Indian banks reopened on 10 November and are finding it difficult to tackle the huge crowd that has queued up to exchange the defunct currency notes. The banks and ATMs were shut for a day to stock up the new currency denominations after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government withdrew the 500 and 1,000 rupee bank notes earlier this week.
Nov 10, 2016
- 2019 Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted; to get Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), cosmetic updates
- Nissan Kicks SUV India launch nears; production starts at Chennai plant
- Mahindra Marazzo shines in Global NCAP crash test with 4-star safety rating
- Thousands of women from Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam trafficked and sold as brides in China
- Yes Bank raises sensational charges against rival Kotak and business daily
- Kotak Bank denial of Warren Buffett firm talks rocks shares
- OPEC will consider views of PM Modi seriously before cutting production: Saudi Oil Minister
- Arrested Huawei CFO faces extradition to US; what charges is Meng Wanzhou facing?
- Kirthiga Reddy ends stellar stint at Facebook; joins SoftBank as first venture partner