UKs iconic Big Ben is in need of urgent repair works, which could cost taxpayers at least Â£40m ($62m) and can take up to four months â€“ the longest known stoppage in its 156-year history. The last known longest shutdown was in 1976, when repair works carried out on the clock took 26 days over a nine-month period.
Oct 19, 2015
Maharashtra medical council to take action against Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital for doctors' fake degrees
An Eritrean migrant mistaken for as a Palestinian gunman in the midst of a shooting attack was shot by Israeli security forces and then beaten by passers-by, witnesses said, died of his injuries, the hospital said on 19 October.
Oct 19, 2015
Shiv Sena workers storm BCCI office, 'gherao' Shashank Manohar; Talks with Pakistan Cricket Board chief Shahryar Khan rescheduled
- Parkland shooting survivors emotional plea to Trump: Lets never let this happen again. Please
- Watch shocking CCTV of violent mass brawl in Leeds bar
- Winter Olympics' young Angelina Jolie loses her medal after hubby fails drug test
- Attacker kills himself after throwing grenade into US embassy compound in Montenegro
- Woman helped partner repeatedly rape her daughter for a bizarre reason
- 14-year-old Indonesian boy laid 20 'chicken eggs' since 2015 but doctors can't explain why
- Top Indian-American executive ousted by Ford over 'inappropriate behaviour'
- 'I will not shut up:' Nikki Haley lashes out at Palestinian negotiator, US adamant on moving embassy to Jerusalem
- What is funeral stripping? China to crack down on the bizarre practice aimed at drawing more mourners