Science & Health
America successfully launched a secret spy satellite on 24 September. The NROL-42 satellite was carried into space by an Atlas V rocket. The spy satellite is the latest addition to the fleet of satellites developed and operated by the NRO (National Reconnaissance Office). The NROs mission patch for the spy satellite displays a grizzly bear, ten stars and an impression of the Atlas V rocket ascending to orbit. The spy satellite marked the third NRO payload to be launched in 2017. Two more NRO missions are reportedly slated to be launched by the end of this year, with yet another satellite, NROL-52 expected to be launched via an Atlas V rocket in October
Sep 25, 2017
The study found a 3.3 per cent annual decline in mortality rates of infants less than one month old and 5.4 per cent for those in the age-group from one month to 59 months.
Sep 22, 2017
Hundreds of scientists worked for over a decade to trace the origin of ultra-high energy cosmic rays.
Sep 22, 2017
- 'Loch Ness-type' sea creature found dead and decomposing on beach [Video]
- Watch: Deep-sea anglerfish caught mating in first ever video
- Dravidian language family is about 4,500 years old, finds new study
- 2 billion-year old salt reveals how ancient Earth evolved life-sustaining oxygen
- Sea level warning: France-sized Antarctic glacier found moving into ocean fast