New Delhi, Dec 17 (ANI): International Boxing Federation AIBA has imposed one year ban on Boxer Sarita Devi as she refused to accept her bronze medal in the Asian Games which took place in Incheon this year. President of Boxing India Sandeep Jajodia said that it was a big relief for Sarita as well as Boxing India. Vice President of the Indian Olympics Association, Tarlochan Singh said that Sarita will not be at much loss as there is no championship in this one year. Former Athlete Sunita Godara said that the government should allow Sarita to continue practicing her sport. India's foreign coach BI Fernandez has been banned for two years while national coach GS Sandhu has been cleared. Sarita will be eligible to return to action by November 2015, in time for the women's Olympic qualifiers for the Rio Games in 2016.
Dec 17, 2014
Manchester United Transfer News: Red Devils Bracing Themselves as Real Madrid Look to Break Transfer Record to Land De Gea
ISL Results: Pearson Puts Ten-Man Kerala Blasters into Dreamland with Stunning Strike to Knock Gallant Chennaiyin Out
- Bishop Mulakkal taken for reconstruction of crime scene
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'
- Mann Kaur: 102-year-old 'miracle' woman throws mean javelin, eyes more athletics medals
- Pakistani fan who sang Indian national anthem to wear shirt made of flags at Asia Cup Super Four match
- Why India lost the Test series in England? Rahul Dravid has the answer
- Laver Cup 2018 tennis live stream: Europe vs World TV guide, schedule and results
- Asia Cup 2018: Jadeja leaves Pietersen, Laxman awestruck with match-winning show on ODI comeback