Science & Health
Residents in the Bolivian city of El Alto, a chaotic sprawl high in the Andes, were surprised when heavy winds hit the city on 29 December. Local media reported that 90 houses were partially destroyed in three neighbourhoods of District Eight, due to the gale force winds.
Dec 31, 2015
A lorry driver and his passenger were among those rescued from their vehicles as the River Nith in Dumfries in Scotland burst its banks on 30 December, after heavy rain and gales from Storm Frank battered northern parts of the UK. Separately, 12 people were rescued from a bus that became trapped in floodwaters in nearby Ayrshire, both in southwest Scotland.
Dec 31, 2015
- Mann Kaur: 102-year-old 'miracle' woman throws mean javelin, eyes more athletics medals
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'
- NASA sent a balloon into space over North Pole - this is what they found
- In a first, US researchers discover new genetic disorder in human patient
- New blood test can detect autism risk for pregnant mothers
- Doctor gives new lease of life to woman, treats rare eye deformity in Delhi hospital
- Russia to bring back to life Woolly Mammoths, many other extinct species in Jurassic Park-styled enclosure